USA finalizes men’s line-up for team final at World Championships
GLASGOW, Great Britain, Oct. 27, 2015 – USA Gymnastics has finalized the U.S. men’s line-up for the team final at the 2015 World Gymnastics Championships at the SSE Hydro Arena in Glasgow, Great Britain, on Oct. 28 at 5:55 p.m. local/1:55 p.m. ET. The U.S. women return to competition later today at 6:45 p.m. local/2:45 p.m. ET for the women’s team finals. Fans in the U.S. can watch coverage of Team USA, presented by AT&T, live on USAGymWorlds.com/live.
The U.S. Men’s Team is comprised of: Chris Brooks of Houston/Team Hilton (U.S. Olympic Training Center); Danell Leyva of Miami, Fla./Team Hilton (Universal Gymnastics); Alexander Naddour of Queen Creek, Ariz./Team Hilton (USA Youth Fitness Center); Paul Ruggeri of Manlius, N.Y./Team Hilton (U.S. Olympic Training Center); Donnell Whittenburg of Baltimore, Md./Team Hilton (U.S. Olympic Training Center); and Brandon Wynn of Voorhees, N.J./Team Hilton (U.S. Olympic Training Center). Marvin Kimble of Milwaukee, Wis./Team Hilton (U.S. Olympic Training Center), is the alternate.
Men’s line-up for team finals
Still rings: Naddour, Whittenburg, Wynn
Vault: Ruggeri, Whittenburg, Naddour
Parallel bars: Ruggeri, Whittenburg, Leyva
Horizontal bar: Brooks, Ruggeri, Leyva
Floor exercise: Whittenburg, Naddour, Ruggeri
Pommel horse: Leyva, Whittenburg, Naddour
NOTE: The U.S. men will begin on still rings.
Tonight, the U.S. women compete in the women’s team finals. The seven women on the U.S. squad are: Simone Biles of Spring, Texas/World Champions Centre; Gabrielle Douglas of Virginia Beach, Va./Buckeye Gymnastics; Brenna Dowell of Odessa, Mo./GAGE; Madison Kocian of Dallas/WOGA; Maggie Nichols of Little Canada, Minn./Twin City Twisters; Aly Raisman of Needham, Mass./Brestyan’s American Gymnastics; and MyKayla Skinner of Gilbert, Ariz./Desert Lights, who is the alternate. The U.S. women secured a berth to the 2016 Olympics based on their performance in the qualifying round.
Women’s line-up for team finals
Vault: Douglas, Nichols, Biles
Uneven bars: Nichols, Douglas, Kocian
Balance beam: Nichols, Raisman, Biles
Floor exercise: Nichols, Raisman, Biles
Ways to follow the action
Here’s a quick overview of the ways to watch and follow the U.S. Team’s performances at the 2015 World Championships in Glasgow, Scotland. Due to daylight saving time, from Oct. 19-24 and Nov. 1, Glasgow will be five hours ahead of the U.S. Eastern time zone. From Oct. 25-31, Glasgow will be four hours ahead of the Eastern time zone. For more information on the World Championships and the complete online and television schedule, go to USAGymWorlds.com. All coverage of the World Championships is presented by AT&T.
- Live streaming of the six finals sessions will be available on UniversalSports.com and USAGymWorlds.com/live.
- Oct. 27, women’s team final, 2:45 p.m. ET
- Oct. 28, men’s team final, 1:55 p.m. ET
- Oct. 29, women’s all-around final, 2:45 p.m. ET
- Oct. 30, men’s all-around final, 2:10 p.m. ET
- Oct. 31, individual event finals (men’s floor exercise, pommel horse, still rings; women’s vault, uneven bars), 9:30 a.m. ET
- Nov. 1, individual event finals (men’s vault, parallel bars, horizontal bar; women’s balance beam, floor exercise), 8:30 a.m. ET
- Universal Sports Network will air each finals session of the World Championships daily at 8 p.m. ET Oct. 27-30 and Nov. 1 and at 8:30 p.m. on Oct. 31. The network’s broadcast team includes Olympic gold medalists Bart Conner and Amanda Borden.
- NBC will broadcast delayed Worlds coverage on Oct. 31 at 2:30 p.m. and Nov. 1 at 12 p.m., with commentary from NBC Sports Group’s gymnastics team of Tim Daggett, 1984 Olympic team gold medalist, Nastia Liukin, 2008 Olympic all-around champion, and Al Trautwig.
- USA Gymnastics will provide enhanced coverage from Glasgow, including results, photos, interviews and the webcast. Fans can also follow the action on Facebook, facebook.com/USAGymnastics, and Twitter, @usagym, #FIGWorlds2015ART or #USAGymWorlds.
- Live scoring. The International Gymnastics Federation provides live scoring from its World Championships. For more information and access, go to fig-gymnastics.com.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.